Monday, January 14, 2013

The Power of the Short Story



In my busy life, there are times when I want to get lost in a story but I don't have time to get lost for long. What to do? What to do?

Read a short story, of course!

There are some who hate the short story. They feel cheated. Not me!

As a writer, I'm amazed when an author can tell a full story...let me fall in love with the characters, and hurt for the characters...in a short period of time. When that happens, it's magical. And magic is the power of the short story.

There's a new website celebrating these "bite-sized" reads called Lunch Time Reads. The stories I've found there really do prove the axiom: "Good things come in small packages." Check it out.


************************

NEW RE-RELEASE! A short mystery set in Hawaii.

BIRDS IN PARADISE BY DOROTHY MCFALLS

A bumbling P.I. with a big heart.
A missing sister.
And a hunky detective who is nothing but trouble.
Things are about to get messy!



1 comment:

  1. What a great way to put it - a well-written short story is magical!

    ReplyDelete